Glossary – I

Infill panel: 
A panel or section used to fill in an area or space between structural sections, eg. timber panelling, decorative panels, brickwork or metal sheeting.

Material placed in the cavity between studs to prevent passage air from indoors to outside and vice versa. Usually fibreglass batts. Generally used on external walls and above ceilings. Keeps home warmer in winter, cooler in summer.

Isolated Pier:
A free standing pier of Masonry, concrete or timber acting as a support for floor bearers